Protect Yourself against Online Fraud with Trusteer Rapport
What is Trusteer Rapport
Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that protects your online banking communication from being stolen by criminals. Trusteer Rapport is highly recommended by your bank as an additional layer of security to any anti-virus or security software you already use. By protecting your internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank's online website, Trusteer Rapport blocks malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
What's at Stake?
Criminals are after your money and identity. Inevitably, your online bank account has access to both. If criminals manage to access your online bank account, they can not only access your private information but also transfer money out of your account. Your bank has taken various measures to protect you against this threat, but one of the biggest risks is actually the computer you use to bank with. Here are two sophisticated attacks that criminals use to access your online bank account using your computer:
Malicious software (or malware) - automatically and silently downloaded onto the computer when browsing the Internet, malware silently captures login information and transfers it to criminals as a log-in is performed and can also silently change transactions executed.
Phishing - criminals build fake websites that look very similar to your bank's website to lure you into visiting them and submitting your online banking log-in information which is later used to access your account.
Trusteer Rapport - Dedicated Online Banking Security
1. Trusteer Rapport adds real value on top of your current security software. Trusteer Rapport locks down the browser to prevent malicious browser tampering designed to fool victims into surrendering personal information or approving fraudulent transactions.
2. Trusteer Rapport disables key logging and screen capturing attempts of sensitive application pages such as the login and money transfer pages.
3. Once installed, Trusteer Rapport removes existing financial malware from end-user machines and prevents future infections.
4. Trusteer Rapport prevents credential and payment card data theft by blocking access to suspected phishing (i.e. fake) online banking sites.
Different from Anti-Virus & Firewalls
Anti-Virus solutions take days, sometime even weeks, to detect new financial malware variants and remove them. However, fraud occurs hours after a new malware variant is released. So when your anti-virus provider eventually cleans your computer of the malware, it is already too late to prevent fraud from occurring.
Trusteer Rapport protects your computer and mitigates financial malware infections. It also communicates with your bank and allows them to take immediate action against changes in threat.
Can Two Factor Authentication and Tokens Protect You?
Two Factor Authentication is ineffective because malware can easily take over already authenticated sessions. Transactions can then be injected into these sessions or changed to a different recipient or amount, if already being executed. Two Factor Authentication is effective against phishing attacks.
Tokens and other devices are ineffective because they can easily be bypassed. Malware can use such devices to generate passwords of their own, steal generated passwords and then access the session or enter already authenticated sessions.
Trusted by Hundreds of Banks and Tens of Millions of Customers
Trusteer protects hundreds of millions of online banking sessions around the world. Gartner recently placed Trusteer as "Visionary" in their Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection. Other awards include OTA's Excellence in Consumer Protection, Red Herring 100, SC Magazine's Best Secure Transaction Solution and Fraud Prevention Product of the Year by Frost and Sullivan.
Easy to Use
Downloadable in seconds, Trusteer Rapport is desktop software that works in the background and doesn't call for a change in user behavior – you can bank and use the internet as usual.
- Prevents wire and ACH fraud
- Provides alerts to prevent phishing
- Downloadable in seconds
- Proven technology
- Added security with no change in user behavior
- Provided at no cost by your bank
- Proactive rather than reactive to threats and incidents